1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 ripe banana, pureed
1 apple, diced (I use golden delicious)
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup (rounded) ground flax seed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
chopped walnuts, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together sugar and oil. Stir in applesauce and banana. Mix in apple, carrot and zucchini.
3. In another bowl, mix together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, flax seed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Fold dry mixture into wet mixture. Place into muffin tins. Top with chopped walnuts.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. They are soooo good and addicting!
Source of recipe: This recipe modified from http://www.grouprecipes.com/2737/healthy-carrot-zucchini-muffins.html  made vegan and better by me.