2 cups cooked garbanzos, in their liquid
1 large bunch collard greens, washed and shredded
1 roasted red pepper, chopped small
1 1/2" piece ginger, minced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
2-3 tablespoons cooking oil, pref. grapeseed or other neutral oil
1/2 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
salt to taste
1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and saute until translucent and soft but not brown.
3. Add the ginger and garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute. Lower the heat if necessary to keep from burning the ginger.
4. Add the garbanzos and their liquid (canned is fine), and the vegetable broth.
5. Bring to a light boil, then add the collard greens. Lower the heat and cover.
6. Allow to cook until the greens become soft, about 10 minutes.
7. Add the chopped red pepper and curry powder. Stir well.
8. Cook another minute or two to let the flavors combine. The collards should keep their vibrant green color; otherwise, they may have become overcooked.
9. Salt to taste and serve with pasta or rice, or as a soup.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe.