3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons pastry flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
6 cups peeled, cored, and THINLY sliced cooking apples (about 2 lbs)
1 tablespoon margarine
2 pie crusts (make your own, or get the kind that are rolled into tubes)
A little soymilk for glazing
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Place 1 crust in bottom of 9" pie plate. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
3) Place half of thinly sliced apples into the pie crust and sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining apples and sugar mixture. Dot with margarine.
4) Cut out an awesome design in remaining crust and place over pie. Trim edges and pinch to form a high edge. Decorate that edge any way you desire.
5) For a golden glaze, brush the top crust (but not the edge!) lightly with soymilk. Bake pie for 40-50 minutes, until crust is golden.
Source of recipe: I put together this recipe-- healthy, vegan, quick and easy to make. It's also very satisfying and yummy.Be sure to make a cool design on the top pie crust before placing on the pie to bake. Use a knife or cookie cutters. And, if you don't already have one, get an apple slicer to save time.