1 (14 ounce) box extra firm tofu (prepped day ahead)
olive oil, as needed
dash sesame oil
2 cups brown rice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 crowns broccoli, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons cornstarch + 4 tablespoons cold water
1. A day before you make this meal, you need to deep fry the tofu. Cut the block of tofu in half length-wise and then into 8 width-wise, giving you 16 little squares. Deep fry the squares in olive oil with a dash sesame oil. After you are done frying all 16 pieces, dry the excess oil with a paper towel and put the tofu in a non plastic bowl in the fridge, uncovered.
2. The next day, prepare brown rice according to package directions. In a pan, heat the 3 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring so garlic doesn't burn.
3. Add broccoli to glass bowl, sprinkle with water and put in the microwave for 4 minutes. Add vegetable stock, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar to onions and garlic.
4. In a small bowl, stir the cornstarch and cold water, then stir this into the onion mixture well. Take the tofu from the fridge and the broccoli from the microwave, and put into the pan, stirring so that the tofu and broccoli are covered in the sauce.
5. Grab a plate, put some brown rice on it and cover with tofu broccoli and sauce. Enjoy.