1/2 cup chopped cabbage
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped radish
1/2 cup chopped Snake gourd
1/2 cup Chopped Ridged gourd
1/2 cup peas
1 green chilly, chopped
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1 red chilly
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
2 tablespoons bengal gram
salt, to taste
1) Chop vegetables (indicated in the ingredients as chopped).
2) Boil Bengal Gram
a) In a pot add 1 cup of water, add the Bengal gram.
b) Boil in low heat till the Bengal gram is cooked (becomes tender) (approx 15 mins).
3) Heat the pan with oil.
4) Add mustard, cumminseeds and red chilly.
5) When the mustard pops, add curry leaves.
6) Put all the chopped vegetables into the pan.
7) Pour half cup of water.
8) Cook in low heat and keep it covered.
9) Keep stirring now and then.
10) When the water dries, add the boiled Bengal gram into the pan, add salt to taste and mix.
11) Remove Pan from the stove and garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Serve with Indian Bread OR can be eaten as a salad.
Source of recipe: I was inspired to experiment (along with a need to provide healthier options for my family) with recipes constantly to make them more effective/healthier for people with dietary concerns/restrictions (whether it be for losing weight or health reasons) at the same time not compromise the taste of the dish itself. This easy to make mixed vegetable curry is a result of this and has been enjoyed by my family/friends.