Wild mushroom crostini:
8 thick slices French baguette
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing
1/4 large onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
12 ounces assorted wild, dark mushrooms, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
salt and pepper, to taste Rosemary Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place slices of bread on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until the slices turn golden. This should take about 8 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; saute about 3 minutes, or until they begin to sweat (become clear).
3. Add the mushrooms and rosemary; saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. For vinaigrette, blend vinegar, rosemary, vegan mayonnaise, and green onion the blender for about 10 seconds. Stream in the olive oil while the blender is running. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place some of the mushroom/pepper mix on each slice of bread, and top each slice with 1 tablespoon rosemary vinaigrette.
You can use any herb in place of rosemary. Originally it calls for thyme, but I had a ton of rosemary and it worked really well.
Source of recipe: This recipe is modified from a Bon Appetit recipe.