2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and sliced
1/4 cup ice cold water, divided Filling:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegan butter
1 fresh peach, pureed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4-5 fresh peaches, sliced
1. For 2 layer crust, in a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Separate into 2 balls. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours, overnight, or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Roll 1 dough ball out to fit a 9" pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Roll out the other dough ball for the top crust layer, and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For filling, combine sugar, water, cornstarch, butter, pureed peaches in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and is slightly thick. Fill pie shell with filling.
5. Toss sliced peaches with lemon juice, and lay over filling. Place other crust layer on top. Poke a few holes in the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden.