1-2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium bell peppers (any combination of red, green, yellow), cored and sliced into bite sized pieces
1-2 tablespoons each: cumin and paprika
1 cup vegetable broth + 2 cups water
1/2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper powder
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1/2 tablespoons milled flax seed
1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 15oz. can each: black beans and pinto beans. drained and rinsed
1. Heat oil in a large pot on low-med heat, add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook 3-5 more minutes
2. Add cumin, paprika, and salt. Add chopped bell peppers and cook until they begin to soften. Add more oil or veggie broth if things begin to stick.
3. Add veggie broth and tomato paste, increase heat, mix until tomato paste is incorporated.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to boil.
5. Adjust seasonings and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 20-30 minutes, stirring and adjusting seasons as needed.
6. Serve with corn chips, mmmm.