7 ounces soft tofu (1/2 a square), chopped
1/3 cup (3 ounces) vegan cream cheese (Tofutti)
1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
egg sub. equivalent to 4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups oat flour or white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup semolina flour or cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
8-10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips/chunks
1) Heat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Whisk the flour, semolina and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
3) With an electric mixer, mix the tofu until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add Tofutti cream cheese and peanut butter and beat until blended. Add the sugars; mix until combined, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg sub. and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at a low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips to taste. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4) Roll a scant 1/4 cup of the dough into a ball and flatten if you choose. Place the formed dough balls on the baking sheet, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart.
5) Bake the cookies until light golden brown 13 to 16 minutes, rotating the baking sheets from to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Cool the cookies on the sheets. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets with a wide metal spatula.