16 tablespoons vegan margarine (2 sticks at room temperature)
1 cup vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons soy milk
2 lbs powdered sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
a few drops food coloring (optional)
1. Cream together the margarine and shortening.
2. Add vanilla and soy milk to the mixture. Combine.
3. Add in sifted powered sugar (make sure their are no lumps) 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Mix in corn syrup and food color(optional).
- If you live in a humid climate, use 1/2 tablespoons less soy milk. If you live in dry climate, add about 1/2 tablespoons more.
- Corn syrup is not essential but keeps the frosting from cracking and adds a nice sheen to the cake.
- For a whiter frosting, use clear vanilla.
- Using a hand mixer or kitchen aid makes it much easier to get the frosting smooth.
- Add 1 ts. of any other flavorings you like ( I love using orange extract to make an orange cream frosting or artificial butter extract to get a really buttery icing).