3 cups frozen spinach
8oz can of sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (Nayonaise is good)
1 cup Tofutti sour cream
garlic, salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice
2 slices of your favorite vegan wheat bread
optional: A little bit of soy milk
I discovered this sandwich creation after attempting to make a vegan spinach dip that turned out a little bit too thick and worked better as a sandwich spread. It's AMAZING!
I used a magic bullet blender, but I assume any blender should work. Note that the spread is VERY thick though, so if you need to add soy milk to thin it out a little bit, do so.
1. Defrost the three cups of spinach in the microwave. Squeeze out as much of the juice as possible. Add to blender.
2. Add half of the can of water chestnuts (about 1/2 cup) to the blender.
3. Add 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings to blender.
4. Mix it around a little bit and blend as much as possible. I had to shake the blender up a little bit, but after a little work it was all blended.
5. Toast your bread.
6. Spread desired amount of spinach spread onto bread... I'd say I put about 1/3 cup on. Top with remaining slices of water chestnuts.
7. Scrunch that sandwich down and take a bite!!!
You should have plenty of the spread left over for later. The spread is also good for dipping veggies like carrots and celery... maybe chips and crackers too? :)