1 cup green gram (mung bean)
1 cup fresh coconut shredded
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
oil to deep fry
1.Soak green gram in enough water for one hour.
2. Drain the water and grind it finely in mixer.
3. Take a heavy bottom pan. Put the ground pulse, coconut, sugar and cashews in it.
4. Cook it on medium flame constantly stirring it.
5. Meanwhile take a cotton cloth and wet it with water and spread it on kitchen platform.
5. As the mixture turns into a ball (will take almost 20 min or so) add green cardamom powder and put it on wet cloth. Pat it with greased spatula in circular shape of 2 - 3 inches thick.
6. Let it cool.
7. Carefully cut into diamond shape or whatever your choice( be careful not to break it)
8. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the diamonds till golden in colour.
9. Can be preserved in tight jar up to 3 to 4 days.