1 box rice penne (Or other gluten-free pasta)
1 jar pasta sauce
1 block vegan cheese (I used Vegan Gourmet)
veggies of choice (I used spinach, tomato, peppers, black olives, carrots, broccoli, and onions)
rice or soy milk
1 tablespoon of butter substitute
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
These other steps can be done at the same time.
2. Cook penne according to the box except only cook it for about 7-8 minutes. Or until the pasta is about 1/2 to 3/4 cooked. Once Pasta is done rinse it with cold water. pour half of the jar of sauce into the pasta
3. cut vegetables and grate rest of vegan cheese. Vegetables that take longer to cook such as carrots you may want to saute them a little bit
4. Make "cheese sauce" Put a Tablespoon of butter replacement in a pot let it melt. Take half the block of vegan cheese and smash it up with a fork so it is the consistency of ricotta cheese. Put this into the pot with the butter and stir. Add in about 1teaspoon of paprika, oregano, and parsley. put 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and one cup milk substitute in the pot as well. Stir. (if you want more of this stuff just add more equal amounts of nutritional yeast and milk!)
5. Assemble Layer the ingredients into a baking dish in layers Sauce, a sprinkle of all the herbs, pasta/sauce, veggies, cheese sauce, grated cheese and repeat
6. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes covered and another additional 10 minutes uncovered
7. Enjoy! I cant believe its vegan AND gluten free goodness!