caramelized red pepper jam (recipe below)
vegan feta (recipe below)
handful of sundried tomatoes, sliced in half
2 good handfuls of baby spinach
1/4 red onion
1/2-3/4 cup passata (tomato puree)
2 tablespoons vegan pesto, or 2 tablespoons fresh / 2 teaspoons dried basil
1-2 garlic cloves
salt & pepper
fav pizza dough (tip - infuse olive oil in recipe with a few cloves of garlic, this adds great flavour)
RED PEPPER JAM:
2 large red bell peppers/capsicums, sliced thinly
1 red onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons sugar
2-3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
8 oz firm tofu (regular or herbed)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper
1. Roll out dough, sprinkle on some olive oil and fresh minced garlic. Leave for one hour if you have time.
2. Mix tomato puree with garlic and basil or pesto. Spread on base and add the red pepper jam and vegan feta (or, if you like the feta really sharp, add it when it comes out of the oven). Bake about 15 min at 400F.
3. Wilt spinach in a fry pan with a little olive oil.
4. When pizza is cooked and ready to serve, add the spinach and dollops of the jam. Enjoy!
RED PEPPER JAM DIRECTIONS:
1. Roast capsicums and onion at about 350F for 15-20 min or until onion is golden.
2. Once roasted, add to a med saucepan along with garlic, water and sugar, cook for 5-10 min so sugar melts and caramelizes and reduces a little. Add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and cook another 5-10 min. Let cool.
This jam is also great with Tofutti cream cheese and crackers.
VEGAN FETA DIRECTIONS:
Cut tofu into 1/4 inch chunks and place into a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a smaller bowl and whisk until well blended. Pour over the tofu chunks and toss until evenly coated. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.