1 cup plain steel-cut oats
2 Tablespoons golden flax seeds
3 Tablespoons vanilla soy milk
1 Tablespoon brown rice nectar
1 teaspoon 100% pure cocoa powder
1 cup sweetened (soy) milk tea.
I cannot stand the taste of flax seeds. But, it's the only source of omega-3 I can afford, so I always add it to my oatmeal. : (
To get rid of the taste I’ve tried adding vanilla essence, cinnamon, ACV, and dried cranberries but either they don't completely cover up the taste OR it ends in disaster.
Today I tried cocoa powder, and it worked wonderfully (and the oatmeal ends up tasting like hot chocolate).
For milk tea I steeped blueberry-green tea and sweetened it with a package of stevia and a Tablespoons of organic vanilla soymilk.
1) Pour oats into a microwave-safe bowl.
2) Pour cold/room temperature water over oats (there should be .5 cm of water above the oatmeal line.)
3) Microwave on HIGH for 2:00 minutes
4) Take bowl out of microwave. Add nectar, flax seeds, and a spoonful of your milk tea. stir well.
5) Stir in soy milk until you get desired consistency.
6) Mix in 1 teaspoon/a pinch of cocoa powder.