1/2 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 flax "eggs" (2 Tablespoon flax mixed with 6 Tablespoons warm water)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 & 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together margarine, applesauce, and sugars until creamy.
3. Add flax "eggs" and vanilla. Beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
5. Mix in oats and raisins.
6. Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper or ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-13 minutes. **Do not overcook! They should still feel a little soft on top when you take them out of the oven.**
8. Cool briefly on cookie sheet then move to a wire cooling rack.