1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup peanut butter (room temp.
1 oz. melted baking chocolate
1/4 cup soy milk
1) Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2) In another bowl, mix the banana and sugar. Add the Peanut Butter and melted chocolate.
3) mix flour mixture into sugar mixture, adding the soy milk a little at a time.
4) pour into a greased/floured 8"x8" pan. Mixture will be very thick, so you may need to spread it out a bit.
5) bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until done.
I adapted this from a recipe I found on the web. Because of the weird consistency of the batter before baking, I was surprised that these brownies turned out to be surprisingly moist and fudgey. I used some leftover store-bought icing to add a touch of decoration, then cut them into shapes with a cookie cutter the next morning. I made them for a potluck at work, and no one suspected that they were vegan.