1 med cauliflower - florets broken off
1 onion, chopped
2 cups veggie broth
2 cups soy, rice or almond milk of choice
vegan soy butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 tablespoon favorite peanut butter - crunchy really works best
bit of flour
1 cup water
I'm putting the recipe back together after it was two already made parts (leftovers) become one, so bear with me.
I made the cauliflower soup first:
1. Brown the onion in a pan with the butter-substitute (or oil), then add the bit of flour.
2. Transfer to pot and add cauliflower, broth, bay leaf and pepper (to your liking) - boil 5-10 minutes.
3. Reduce heat and add milk (you may want to adjust the water or milk depending on your liking or how much cooks off).
4. Simmer for 15 minutes, then puree.
which was delightful itself, then I made some of my favorite yams for another meal:
1. Sliced and halved, skins on - put in skillet with cinnamon, water (enough to cover the yams), and the olive oil and heat between med and high until the water cooks off and the yams are soft.
yummy, the next day to use my leftovers I got creative and put the cauliflower soup together with the yams and the peanut butter and warmed them up for 10 min on med - the chunky yams and the peanut crunch in the creamy cauliflower was amazing!
From scratch, I'd probably do it the same, but you could probably put the yams and peanut butter in when you make the original soup in any manner at any time.