one and a half bell peppers - I like to use 1/2 a green, 1/2 a red, and 1/2 a yellow
half a medium/large zucchini
half a yellow squash
2 or 3 large white mushrooms
2 or 3 slices sweet onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup seasoned tomato sauce
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning - I enjoy Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
vegan parmesan and/or vegan mozzarella to taste
salt and pepper
2 servings whole wheat spaghetti or any pasta
1) Preheat oven to 500.
2) Cut veggies into large chunks.
3) Toss with olive oil, minced fresh garlic, salt and pepper. I found this easiest by putting it all in a large Tupperware bowl with a lid and shaking until everything was coated.
4) Wrap aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. Spread the vegetables evenly in one layer, with the peppers skin side up. Now is a good time to start the pasta.
5) Roast for 10-12 minutes.
6) Wrap the veggies up loosely in the foil to cool. When cool enough to touch, peel the skin off the pepper slices.
7) Toss roasted veggies with tomato sauce, seasoning and a little "parmesan". This is not a true pasta sauce, just a thin coating for the veggies.
8) Serve over pasta with a sprinkle of "parmesan".