1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon egg replacer powder, optional
6 tablespoons (3/8 cup) vegetable oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 tablespoons nondairy milk
2 blood oranges, zested and juiced
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and egg replacer powder in large bowl. Combine oil, maple syrup, extracts, and milk in a smaller bowl or measuring cup.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. At this point, the dough should be doughy, but it may need a small amount of additional milk to reach desired consistency (not sticky, but should cohere into a large ball of dough).
3. Form into teaspoon-sized balls and place on baking sheet, flattening balls slightly on sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes. Let cool.
4. After letting cookies cool for 10+ minutes, place powdered sugar in a bowl and add zest; then add juice a little at a time while mixing, until the consistency of icing is achieved (thick, but flows slowly).
5. Dip the tops of the cookies in the icing and let them sit for at least 20 minutes to dry.