3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons oregano
1-1/2 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup pizza sauce
toppings of your choice
1. Proof yeast: In a bowl, blend together lukewarm water and sugar. Mix in yeast and let stand 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2. In another bowl, combine all-purpose flour, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and thyme.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to yeast mixture, and then pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until it is dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Add more flour if sticky. Cover and let it stand 1-1/2 hours in warm, non drafty place.
4. When dough has risen, oil an 8- to 9-inch diameter deep dish pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread 1 tablespoon of cornmeal on a dry flat surface and roll out the dough till about 9 inches in diameter. Place in pan. Add the sauce and toppings.
5. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.