1 package of frozen spinach, thawed
1 package of light, firm or extra-firm tofu
1 package of whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 jar of pasta sauce, store bought or homemade (I prefer Prego)
3-4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1/2-1 package of burger-style crumbles
4-6 slices Tofutti Mozzarella Soy Slices, diced into small pieces
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Blend together the tofu, spinach, and nutritional yeast. Set aside.
3) Boil the lasagna noodles. (Follow package directions- Lay flat after draining.)
4) In a lasagna dish (coated with Pam or another non-stick spray) layer sauce, then 3-4 noodles, coat the noodles with spinach/tofu/nutritional yeast mixture, top with the crumbles (I keep them frozen but break them up.)Keep layering until out of lasagna noodles.
5)Top with diced Tofutti mozzarella soy slices.
6) Bake in the oven for at least thirty minutes. I would then check it every ten minutes there after until done as ovens vary. You may also opt to cover with foil for a majority of the cooking time. I have done it both with foil and without. Came out great every time.
My mother who never eats fruit, rarely eats veggies, and loves meat and dairy LOVES this dish. For once, we actually agree on something. LOL