2/3 cup firmly-packed vegan brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan margarine
1 egg substitute (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0 )
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely ground
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt Filling:
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1/2 cup jam, no seeds or lumps (I used cherry jam, but raspberry jam would be ideal)
vegan powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a mixer, combine the brown sugar, margarine and egg replacer until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pecans, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to the mixer and beat just until mixture holds together in lumps. Measure about 3/4 cup dough, flatten into disk, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Press the remaining dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" tart pan with removable bottom. With a fork, pierce the dough in several places; cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour. Bake the crust about 10 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
3. Roll out the 3/4 cup chilled dough on a floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into desired shapes. Transfer shapes to baking sheet, and bake until very light golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
4. For filling, melt the chocolate chips. Spread the melted chocolate over the bottom of the crust. Arrange berries evenly on top of the chocolate layer. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the jam until smooth and melted. Spoon the jam evenly over the raspberries.
5. Bake the tart until crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer tart to rack and cool - as the tart cools, the filling will set and appear less liquidy. Arrange the baked cookie shapes on top of the tart. Dust the entire surface with powdered sugar.