450g smoked tofu (can use 225g if just for 2), cubed
3-4 spring onions sliced
red pepper cut into strips
stir fry vegetables
water chestnuts, sliced
mushrooms (8-10) quartered
soy sauce (fair amount, depending on taste)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons grated ginger
3 cloves garlic crushed
1. Put tofu into a large wok with a little olive oil and gently fry each side until crispy but not dried out.
2. Add in mushrooms, ginger, water chestnuts, spring onions and garlic and stir fry until mushrooms cooked.
3. Add red pepper, bean sprouts and stir fry veg. Fry for a few minutes but don’t cook for too long as you want the veg to remain fairly crisp.
4. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet, drain and toss in a little sesame oil.
4. Add noodles, soy sauce and sugar to pan and mix well.