Black bean hummus:
1 clove garlic
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (liquid reserved), divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika Burritos:
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1/2 green or red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
20-30 flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For hummus, mince garlic in the bowl of a food processor (or blender). Add 1 can black beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, red pepper, and paprika.
2. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add additional liquid, as needed. For filling, mix remaining beans, salsa, onion and green/red pepper in saucepan.
3. Stir in 1 cup water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
4. To assemble, spread the hummus in the inside center of the tortillas. Spoon in the mixture and roll up. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes or until the tortilla starts to stiffen.
5. Take them out and wrap them in foil. You can freeze them easily then cook them in the oven for 25 minutes without defrosting them. If you don't freeze them, just bake them for 10 minutes. Bake them in the foil so that the tortillas stay soft.
This makes a lot of burritos, especially if you use small tortillas, so I usually make a big batch then freeze them.