1 kg cauliflower, cut into big chunks
2 cm ginger
6 green chillies, ground to a paste
1 teaspoon aniseed
oil for frying
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Parboil cauliflower and drain the water away.
2. Put the ground ingredients with the salt into a bowl and mix well.
3. Rub the ground ingredients onto the cauliflower pieces and leave aside to marinate for about 1 hour.
4. Heat oil for frying.
5. Dust marinated cauliflower pieces with cornflour and deep fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot preferably with soy sauce as a dip.
Note: If chillies are not available, use 2 tsps of ground paprika or 1 tsp ground black pepper. This is a cross between an Indian and Chinese dish. Good for parties as finger food. Any comments any one?