1 (16-ounce) box Acini di pepe pasta (I use DeCecco; substitute with orzo, farfalline or other very small pasta)
3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder (the kind used to make chili)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (4-ounce) can sliced black olives
2 carrots, peeled, parboiled, and chopped into small pieces
2 to 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped into small pieces
2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain again.
2. In a bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, apple cider vinegar, cumin, and lemon juice; thoroughly whisk.
3. Add black olives, carrots, tomatoes, green onion, garlic, and parsley; toss to coat.
4. Add pasta; gently toss to combine.
5. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours to blend flavors. Add salt and pepper if you wish.