2 quarts water
6 teaspoons no-salt all-purpose seasoning, divided
1 pinch salt
2 pounds cooked vital wheat gluten
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup finely chopped red or Vidalia onions
3/4 cup finely chopped red or green bell peppers
3/4 cup sweet relish
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 tablespoon oregano
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch dry mustard
1. Seitan: In a saucepan, combine 2 quarts of water, 3 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning, and salt; stir to combine. Add cooked wheat gluten; bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and when cool enough to handle, chop into 1/2" cubes.
2. In a bowl, combine celery, onion, and bell peppers. Stir in seitan and sweet relish.
3. Dressing: In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and mustard; mix thoroughly.
4. Stir dressing into seitan mixture.
5. Chill at least1 hour before serving. Salad is good on hoagie roll with lettuce, tomato, little oil and vegan cheese.