[u]Ginger Salad Dressing[/u]:
1/4 cup salad oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
several dashes hot pepper sauce (I used Durkees) [u]Salad[/u]:
1/2 (16-ounce) box dry corkscrew macaroni or fine noodles
20 fresh pea pods, tips and stems removed
2 medium carrots, cut into long thin strips
1 small cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 medium yellow or green sweet bell pepper, cut into thin strips
3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes (optional)
1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1. Dressing: In a jar, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, soy cause, ginger, and hot pepper sauce; cover and shake.
2. Salad: Cook pasta according to package directions. During last 30 seconds, add pea pods. Rinse with cold water and drain.
3. In a bowl, combine pasta and veggies (macaroni, peas, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, radishes, onions, and cilantro).
4. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 8 hours.
5. To serve, toss salad and sprinkle with peanuts. Dressing can chill up to 3 days.