1 12-oz package wide vegan noodles (I used farfalle; broken lasagne noodles would work as well)
1 15-oz package soft or silken tofu (I used Nasoya Enriched)
3/4 cup Sucanat (you can put in less if this turns out too sweet for your taste)
15 oz. raisins, or more, or less, depending on how much you like raisins (you can also substitute chopped peaches or some other fruit if you have a raisin aversion)
3-4 tart apples, cut into small cubes (I like Granny Smiths best)
1/4 cup applesauce
cinnamon to taste and for dusting
cardamom powder to taste
ginger powder to taste
vanilla to taste
1. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
2. Using an electric mixer or blender, cream the tofu with the vegan sugar, vanilla, and spices until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until everything is well coated with the tofu batter.
4. Pour everything into a lasagne pan or other pan with high sides.
5. Bake at 425 degrees (F) for about 25 minutes or until the top is pretty dry and nicely browned.