1 package Gimme Lean beef flavor
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon each basil and thyme (to be divided) or more to suit your taste
2 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
1 cup canned tomatoes drained and chopped
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup pimiento stuffed green olives
2 1/2 cups cooked rice
1. Combine Gimme Lean, salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp of basil and 1/4 tsp of thyme in a bowl. Mix well with clean hands and shape into meatballs. You should start cooking the rice now according to package directions.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet and cook the meatballs until well browned.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet, and over a medium flame, saute the onion, red pepper, garlic and remaining basil and thyme until onion is glassy. You may add more salt and pepper to taste if you like.
4. Mix in tomatoes, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and peas, cover until peas are tender. About 3-5 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked rice and olives and heat through. Serve and enjoy!
A tasty vegan one dish meal!