1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons unrefined flour
2 cups onion soup broth (2 tablespoons powdered onion soup + 2 cups water)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic
2 tablespoons margarine or oil
1 tablespoon tahini
pinch raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce Tempeh:
1 (8 ounce) package multi-grain tempeh
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Bragg's or soy sauce
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
sprinkle garlic powder
1. For gravy, mix water and flour well; set aside. In sauce pan, heat (on high medium) all other gravy ingredients. When it starts to boil, slowly add flour mixture. Stir until thickens, and set aside.
2. Cut tempeh down the middle so it looks like you have 2 playing cards, then cut into 4 squares and then into triangles. Put 1/2 cup water and Bragg's or soy sauce in medium fry pan.
3. On medium high heat, fry tempeh for 8 minutes on each side. If the water evaporates before you turn the tempeh over, add 1/4 cup water at a time. It is fine if the water is all gone at the end of the 16 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and garlic powder to the pan 3 to 5 minutes before the last 8 minutes is up. Mix them around a few times.
5. To serve, put 2 pieces tempeh on a plate and put some mushrooms on top and then drizzle gravy over them.
I make mashed potatoes and veggies to go with this meal. Enjoy!
Source of recipe: If you would like to see my home page and my other free recipes visit: http://hometown.aol.com/veganbayb/myhomepage/index.html .