1/2 cup maple syrup (substitute for honey)
1/2 cup shortening or margarine
Replacement for 2 eggs
4 teaspoon orange juice
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
1 cup mashed fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix syrup, shortening, egg replacers, and orange juice thoroughly.
3. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix well.
4. Stir in cranberries.
5. Shape dough into small balls.
6. Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with bottom of a greased glass dipped in natural sugar.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.