6 oz. dry macaroni, cooked by package directions
1 can condensed tomato soup
prepared nutritional yeast sauce***
12 oz. frozen burger-style crumbles (Morningstar Farms or Boca work well)
pinch of marjoram
pinch of thyme
salt and pepper to taste ***nutritional yeast sauce***:
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 cups water
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare nutritional yeast sauce by whisking all ingredients in a saucepan until thickened to the consistency of a thinner gravy.
2. Brown soy protein crumbles in a little oil in a large skillet.
3. Add can of tomato soup and mix well.
4. Add entire amount of nutritional yeast sauce and mix well.
5. Add cooked noodles, mix and allow to simmer at a very low temperature for about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning or sticking.