3 tablespoons oil
300 gram tin red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
500 gram sliced zucchini
1 clove garlic (chopped)
470 gram tin tomatoes in juice
2 peppers sliced
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 egg plant
125 gram cheese
30 gram soy margarine
2 onions chopped
125 gram mushrooms sliced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2/3 cup water
salt & pepper; paprika; extra oil
1) Slice egg plant into 1 cm. rounds, brush with oil and grill on both sides until brown.
2) Heat oil and butter in pan.
3) Add zucchini, onions, garlic and saute until zucchini is just tender.
4) Add peppers & mushrooms, saute, stirring occasionally until peppers are just tender.
5) Add undrained, mashed tomatoes, herbs, water & tomato paste. Stir to combine. Simmer uncovered 3 mins.
6) Add drained beans- heat another 3 mins.
7) Put mixture in oven-proof dish. Cover firstly with egg plant slices that have been drained.
8)Cover the egg plant layer with thin slices of vegan cheese(optional). Sprinkle with paprika
9)Bake in a mod. oven 30 minutes.