3 cups black beans
1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw (with carrot shreds)
vegan mayo, to taste
1 cup textured soy protein
2 cups hot water
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope vegan taco seasoning
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon oil
2 large avocados
2 large tomatoes, diced
8 large flour tortillas, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if warming in oven. Mash black beans lightly with a fork. In a bowl mix packaged coleslaw with vegan mayo, and set aside.
2. Put textured soy protein into a bowl, add 2 cups hot water, taco seasoning mix and ketchup. Let textured soy protein soak up liquid.
3. Meanwhile, using medium heat, saute onions with oil in skillet until soft, about 8 minutes. Add seasoned textured soy protein and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
4. Put lid on pan and turn down heat to warm. If the textured soy protein sticks to the bottom, add 1 tablespoon water before assembing burritos.
5. Mash avocados lightly with fork. Layer all ingredients in tortilla, roll up, and microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, heat in oven on foil covered baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
Add any other condiments you wish, like cilantro, salsa, hot sauce, etc.
Source of recipe: I made these up one day when I was craving a fish burrito. I left out the fish, added the textured soy protein and beans, and, well, you just have to try them for yourself. These are so good! Enjoy!