1 cup Turbinado sugar
1/2 cup margarine (HAIN is good)
2 eggs worth of Energie egg substitute
3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
1/2 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup soya flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1. Move oven rack so the tops of the loaves will be in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350*, and grease two medium sized vegan bread pans (around 9*5*3 inches) with vegetable shortening.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar and margarine. Mix your egg replacer and mix with margarine/sugar mixture till well blended. Mash bananas, and add to bowl along with vanilla. Mix soymilk with the lemon juice (this makes a vegan buttermilk) and throw it in. Beat until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened. Stir in nuts and raisins.
4. Divide batter evenly between pans and bake about an hour, checking on loaves near the end of the time. When loaves are golden brown, and you can prick them with the knife coming out clean, they are done.
5. Cool ten minutes, then loosen sides of pans with a knife, remove loaves, and place on a cooling rack. When cool, slice and enjoy! Delicious for breakfast, with vegan margarine or vegan cream cheese.
Calories- approximately 70/ slice Fat- 1 gram/ slice Cholestorol- O grams Carbohydrates- 11 grams