2 cups black beans ( not cooked)
2 avocados (very soft)
1/4 of a large onion
6 cloves of garlic
salsa fresca (recipe below)
vegan cheese (follow your heart brand vegan gourmet. It melts! )
vegan sour cream
1 package medium package of corn tortillas
tapatio hot sauce
1. soak beans and boil in pot of lightly salted water for 2 hours, or until soft.
2. heat up about 1.5 inches of veggie oil in a pan.
3. mash avocado( I use a pastry cutter to mash it to get all the chunks out). FINELY (and I mean very fine) chop the onion, the jalapenos and the garlic. Add it to mashed avocado. Add tapatio hot sauce ( like 4 or 5 good dashes) and mix well. Add salt to taste and then squeeze lemon juice on top. put in fridge.
4. chop tortillas into triangles. fry in enough oil to cover until they are golden (they tend to cook a bit after removing them from pan, so do not overcook). Put them on a paper towel to drain and sprinkle with salt. set aside.
5. When beans are tender, add them to a frying pan with heated oil and mash adding cooking water from beans and salt to desired consistency.
6. melt vegan cheese in micro.
7. Place chips in a large bowl. top with mashed black beans, guacamole, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, more vegan cheese and salsa.
eat and be merry.
**Salsa Fresca: you can either use store bought (yuck) or make your own.
by hand finely chop 2 or three large tomatoes, 3 jalapenos, 1/2 onion and some cilantro. Mix all together and sprinkle with lime juice and salt to taste. best if refrigerated for a few hours.