1 tablespoon organic ground chia seed flour
2 tablespoon sugar free chocolate syrup (coffee flavouring syrup - Net 0g Carbs)
1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoon organic coconut flour
1/16 teaspoon fine grind salt
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 cups full-fat coconut cream (See Notes)
2 1/2 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup (or coffee flavoured syrup)
15 drops liquid stevia
1/8 teaspoon fine grind salt
3/4 teaspoon agar agar powder
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Fresh lime zest, cut into thin strands
Unsweetened chocolate bark (dairy-free)
Unsweetened coconut, shaved or shredded
For the Crumble:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix chia, syrup, and water, and allow to sit undisturbed for 5-10 min until it becomes gelatinous.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine flour and salt. Mix in all ingredients until very crumbly.
For the Mousse:
1. Chill deep, narrow mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 10 min. When working with cream, keep mixing bowl in an ice bath.
1. Spoon ½ tablespoon of coconut oil crumble in bottom of each ½ cup plastic babyfood container (bioplastic preferred) and lightly press to form crust.
2. Using large mouth piping spout, pipe filling into containers.
3. Sprinkle chocolate, then coconut, then lime peal on top of each dessert.
4. Store in fridge or freeze and allow to thaw. Serve chilled and enjoy!
NOTES on Coconut Cream
If bulk full-fat coconut cream from coconut milk cannot be found, here's how to make it. Refrigerate coconut milk, unopened for at least an hour or 20 minutes in freezer. Be careful not to agitate the can b/c the fatter cream should be on top leaving thinner semi-transparent coconut milk-water on the bottom. Using a spoon, skim the cream off the top into a chilled mixing bowl, being sure not to collect any milk/water which will prevent the whipping process. 1 98-ml can of coconut milk will provide approx 1 cup of skimmed cream, which when fluffed will provide about 2 cups of whipped coconut cream.