For caramalizing onions 1 Onion 1/2 tsp white sugar 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 cup conola oil
Lentils and Onions 1 cup Lentils 1/2 tsp Chili Powder 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Rice 1 cup Jasmin Rice (1 cup water for 1/2 cup rice) 1/2 tsp of Tumeric 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
Top layer; onions 2 Onions 1tsp White Sugar 1tsp Salt 1/4 Conola oil
1) boil water for rice (2cups water 1cup rice)
2) Slice onion evenly
3) In frying pan add oil, salt and sugar. mix evenly
4) Add onions. constant stirring is required.
5) When onions are golden add lentils.
6) Mix chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
7) When all is mixed well, set aside in a bowl.
8) Using the same skillet put in your cooked rice.
9) Mix in tumeric and chili powder.
10) add lentil and onion mixture into rice and stir.
11) Transfer everything into a bowl and put in the over at 180*
12) Make another batch of caramalized onions this time using 2 onions.
13) When onions are ready, drain out oil and add onions on top of rice & lentils.
14) put back in the over for 5 minutes.