1 cup garbanzo bean flour
2 teaspoons flaxseed meal
6 teaspoons water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter substitute
carob chips to taste
1 six-count muffin pan
Preheat Oven to 350 Fahrenheit
I make these muffins for my hyperallergic boyfriend all the time. No eggs, no dairy, no wheat, no chocolate, no soy. For him, I use the soy-free Earth Balance as a butter substitute.
1. Whisk the flaxseed meal into the water. This is always a good egg substitute.
2. Melt the butter in a small bowl and mix the the flaxseed meal into the butter. Set aside.
3. Mix the flour with the sugar in a large bowl. Make sure there are no clumps and the mixture is even.
4. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. If you have mixing gadget, use it. If not, I suggest using a fork to break up the clumps that will form.
5. Once you've mixed up your muffin dough to an even consistency, scoop it into the muffin pan.
6. I like to sprinkle the carob chips on top, but you can always mix them in. They won't really melt in the oven like chocolate would so don't worry about making a mess.
7. Stick 'em in the oven and keep an eye on them. Once you see the edges of the muffins start to brown and the middle becomes more fluffy than gooey, take 'rm out.
8. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes then scarf them down!