You are here

Member since April 2003

Naan

What you need: 

4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
salt, to taste
1 egg substitute, beaten (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0)
6 tablespoons plain vegan yogurt
3 tablespoons margarine, divided
1 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

What you do: 

1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Stir in egg substitute, yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the margarine.
2. Gradually stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (I use even higher temperature of 500 degrees F and place a pizza stone in my oven).
3. Knead dough on a floured surface for 2 or 3 minutes until smooth. Divide into 8 pieces, and roll each piece into a ball, then into ovals about 6" long.
4. If you must use a baking sheet, grease it and brush the underside of the naan with water. Brush the other side with margarine and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
5. Bake 6 to 10 minutes until puffy and golden brown. (This is where the stone makes a difference)'

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

few Giants and lots of Archers. Clash Of Clans Hack Tool No Survey Wifi Hack Wifi Hack

0 likes

I like to eat nan a lot. I have already tried this one inmy home. it is good and delicious. essay writing services

0 likes

I will make this at home. this is an intersting one really. Thisis a rare recipe. California Commercial Mortgage

0 likes

This is interesting.  I will try this at hoem. I am sure this will be a good one.

0 likes

This is easy but delicious. I am going to try this at home. My mother said that it will be a good one. I am a fan of these nans.

0 likes

I will try this at home. swiveling tv mounts  I am thinking about this.

0 likes

Would you be able to make this wirh flavored yogurt? 

0 likes

I simply love to eat naan...It is really very good and healthy food..

0 likes

:)>>>This is amazing! I only added 1 tablespoon of yogurt because I messed up, but it still turned out great! I also added 2 teaspoons of honey for a bit of sweetness. My 200 lb. muscle-bound husband and I ate this with the Indian Dal and rice and we were both full after. Thanks for a great recipe.

0 likes

my second attempt at naan (my first was a disappointing recipe not from vegweb).  i've just taken the naan out of the oven now and it looks yum!  thick but flat, not brittle like my last one.  just had a sneaky taste and its very soft mmmmmmm.  will definitely try adding some garlic for garlic naan and maybe fresh chopped coriander (i think you call it cilantro in the US??) for a coriander one.  Great recipe - thanks.

0 likes

Pages