1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

What you do: 

1. Saute onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Next, add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Add cumin, coriander, chili and turmeric and continue to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add water if the mixture becomes dry; do so 1 tablespoon at a time to avoid making the mixture too runny. Finally, add the mushrooms, tomato paste and salt.
3. You can add more water (anywhere from 3 tablespoons to 1/2 cup depending on the consistency that you personally want to achieve.)
4. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chopped fresh cilantro.
I serve this dish over a plate of couscous.

Preparation Time: 
about 10 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

With a few tablespoons of yogourt, it was really delicious ! Instead of the spices listed, I put an indian already made mix of spices. It was delicious anyways !!

0 likes

Tried this out the other day, tasted so good!! 

0 likes

mmm yummy! so quick and easy. i added 2tbsp of coconut milk and served it over brown rice. ^-^

0 likes

I took the "simple" out of this recipe, by adding more spices & veggies, but overall, though it was very good!!!! We had it over quinoa

0 likes

Yummy... tho it was only really enough for two small portions

0 likes

this was super! made a few changes however... instead of tomato paste used about 2 tablespooons of korma paste to make it creamier.
I also added spinach to mine and had it alongside quinoa..... lovely! :)>>>

0 likes

I thought this was pretty yummy. I think it's missing something though, but I have no idea what. Maybe it's because I didn't have any cilantro. I did, however, add 1.5 teaspoons of red chili flakes instead of chili powder, and I also included a 1/2 teaspoon of black mustard seeds. I served the curry over rice and it was really tasty! Sort of bummed how mushrooms shrink when they are cooked :( lol

0 likes

Wow, this was pretty great! As others posted, it did not seem like much until after it simmered and the flavors melded. And I didn't even have cilantro or coriander!  I added some tofu for protien, will try adding different things to spice it up a bit. Would be great with cauliflowerand potato I think.

0 likes

I didnt have coriander or cilantro (and dont really like cilantro anyways) and it came out well. I doubled the recipe so that i have enough to take to work tomorrow. i give it a five cause its easy, uses simple few ingredients, healthy, and tasty too. Ill be making this a lot I think.

0 likes

;)b Excellent and simple recipe made this for my friend once and he hints for more  :)>>> Very Yummy! thanks for sharing!

0 likes

Pages