1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
salt, to taste
1 stalk celery, diced finely
fresh dill, to taste
pinch garlic powder
whole grain bread, as needed

What you do: 

1. Begin by mashing the chickpeas in a medium mixing bowl, using a fork or potato masher. I like to leave a few chickpeas whole or just partially mashed for variation of texture.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. This will make enough for about four big sandwiches, and keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days.

Preparation Time: 
10 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This is a great recipe, I added celery salt, it really made it pop.

0 likes

This recipe is so easy and delish!  I would recommend doubling it.

0 likes

I didn't have any nutritional yeast on me, and this recipe worked out fine. I added a little dijon mustard for a little extra taste. Very good, and very easy to make!

0 likes

Hmm this was so good. I had a snow day today, and I've been getting really bored with the same old food. I'm a baby vegan so I don't have a lot of recipes down yet. I just so happened to have bought chick peas this weekend too. I decided that since it was so simple I might as well try it. I loved it. I followed the recipe exactly except instead of dill I used relish. It tasted exactly like I remember tuna. This will be a nice change of pace from tofurkey and rice cheese sandwiches at school.

0 likes

This was so good! I didn't have fresh dill, but I added some cumin and red pepper powder. It was delish, and really did remind me of egg salad!

0 likes

This is so delicious. I just made it today, and have more than enough for lunch tomorrow. SO good! I have them on vegan rolls I made last night...Thank you thank you thank you for sharing! :> ;)b

0 likes

Great recipe!  I am eating this now.  I didn't have any mayo so I used about 2 T olive oil.  I put it in a wrap with some kale.  Taste Great!  I think I will take to work for lunch. 

0 likes

Since I make these all the time, I thought it would be polite for me to stop and say thanks! :) I add a squirt of Braggs and a chopped onion for added crunch with the celery-- these are amazing! :)

0 likes

Awesome  :)

I added some chopped onions to the mix and left out the dill. This is a great base for adding other ingredients as well, I think I might add a crapload of cayenne pepper.

0 likes

doh. i ate the whole batch.

i played with the spices a little and will probably try new combos all the time but this was really good and felt healthy served with a plate of cold vegetables. well, it felt healthy until i ate the whole bowl of it, that is.

0 likes

Pages