1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
fresh basil leaves
1 red onion, sliced
1 can straw mushrooms, drained
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 package firm tofu

What you do: 

For the sauce: mix the coconut milk, peanut butter, currie or red pepper, garlic and ginger in a sauce pan. Heat over low heat just until peanut butter is mixed in. If pizza crust is homemade, cook alone in 350 degree oven just until firm. Spread sauce on pizza crust. Top with onion, cucumber, mushrooms, basil and tofu. Bake in 350 degree oven or until crust looks done.

Preparation Time: 
40 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was very tasty.  I used some almond milk instead of coconut milk and added some nutritional yeast.  I topped mine with broccoli, zucchini, red pepper and cilantro. This was a great idea!

0 likes

This was a hit! I made it for a party and everyone loved it. For toppings, I used zucchini, mushrooms, cubed tofu (baked first), pineapple, cilantro, and yellow bell pepper. That peanut sauce recipe is a real gem. I added ~1/4 cup brown sugar and more peanut butter - probably doubled the PB. Can't go wrong with more PB! This is such a great concept and everyone (all omnivores) really enjoyed it. I'll definitely make it again sometime.

0 likes