You are here

Member since April 2003

Vegan Lasagna with Veggies and Meat

What you need: 

1 box lasagna noodles
2 jars of lasagna/spaghetti sauce
1 or 2 bags of burger-style crumbles
2 cups lightly cooked veggies of choice (any combination of spinach, zucchini, black olives, mushrooms)
8-10 oz. vegan soy cheese
1 16 oz. tub of firm tofu (not silken)
1 8 oz. tub of vegan cream cheese (optional, but makes a nice consistency)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, but good)
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of basil
salt and pepper to taste

What you do: 

Boil water and cook lasagna noodles. Drain when cooked and let cool. Meanwhile, cook the veggies if raw. Microwave the veggie burger crumbles according to box directions. Shred the vegan soy cheese.
Put the last nine ingredients, starting with tofu, (except Tofutti cream vegan cheese) into a food processor. Use the pulse function to keep the coarse texture of the tofu. If adding Tofutti, microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Use a wooden spoon to mix lightly into the blended ricotta mixture.
Layer the ingredients in two or three layers, starting with noodles, then sauce, then tofu ricotta, then veggies. Repeat. Top it with a layer of sauce and vegan soy cheese. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool slightly, eat and enjoy. Contains 6-8 servings.

Preparation Time: 
1 hour
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
6-8
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I would be the girlfriend who made the lasagna...and yes it was soooo yummy! I thought it was very easy to make. We will definitely be making it again, and by the way when I used to make it a lot more, I would make extra pans of it and freeze it, great for students who are never at home long enough to cook, or just too tired, all you have to do is pop it in the oven.

0 likes

This was the most delicious lasagna I have ever eaten...it may be because my girlfriend made it though. She did not  use  the tofu and the consistency was great without it. We also used a taco filling that has a lot of seasonings instead of crumbles. We only used spinach for our veggies and used a large can of crushed tomatoes instead of jars of sauce. This should cut down on the cost quite a bit. I shall be serving it often. YUUUM!!!

0 likes