Member since April 2003

Fried Bean Burger...Soy Free, Gluten free, Vegan, and Corn free

What you need: 

1/3 fresh onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 healthy tablespoon minced garlic
1 can red (or kidney) beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can purple hull peas (field peas or black eyed peas will do)
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
cracked fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice, dash hot sauce, rice flour ,more olive oil

What you do: 

Open cans of beans, and strain well. Sautee Chopped fresh onion and minced garlic with oil in a regular sized saute pan (11 etc). Stir often until onion cooked. This will be just enough to keep the onion and garlic from burning without making the bean cakes too runny. Set aside to cool. When beans well drained, place into food processor and add onion and garlic. Puree. You can do a portion at a time, or all at once and mix frequently. The beans will want to cling to the blade, so make sure to mix often.
Once mixture is blended, form into patties and dust with rice flour (for Gluten free).
Saute bean cakes in original pan used for onion and garlic, using enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Let the bean cakes cook for a couple of minutes on each side to form a crispy crust. (The bean cakes might stick a little, that is to be expected.)
Once cooked, let them a cool a bit.
Enjoy!
Serving suggestion: on a sandwich with sprouts, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce.

Preparation Time: 
20 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I disagree...these turned out awesome for me. More like a Vegan sloppy joe i found but amazing none the less. Busted them out for a dinner party and made them vegan cheese bean burgers with this began raw cheese recipe i have...killer

0 likes

I'm sorry, but this recipe was heinous!  I was willing to forgive the fact that there was no mention of how/when to use the spices mentioned in the ingredient list, but once I got everything mixed together the way the recipe instructs, all I had was a flavorless goup of beans.  I couldn't form it into patties at all, and only after I added a TON of flour, more spices, and way too much frustrated effort did I get something resembling sloppy bean pancakes.  This was a terrible recipe and SO not worth the time or money I spent on it.

0 likes