1 teaspoon of salt
dash of garlic powder
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of margarine
1 cup of water
1 can of diced tomatoes and peppers, like Ro-Tel
tortilla chips

What you do: 

Combine dry ingredients in a saucepan. Add water. Whisk constantly over medium heat until it is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add margarine. Stir until margarine is melted. Stir in can of tomatoes.
Return to low heat and cook just long enough for toms to heat. Pour over chips and eat like nachos or use as a dip.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Anonymous

This was really good!  I will make it a little spicier next time, but it was really fantastic.  Even my skeptical lacto-ovo vegetarian husband loved it and asked me to make it again for our Superbowl party!

0 likes

This stuff is verrrrrry good.  Instead of canned tomatoes I used a bunch of cherry tomatoes and maybe one larger-ish tomato.  I also used de-seeded about two or three fresh jalepenos and threw them into the food processor with the tomatoes.  I didn't use any margarine and added a bit of onion powder.  This stuff was just the right amount of spicy and for several days I was putting it on EVERYthing.  It's great as a spread on a baked tofu sandwich, as a cheese substitute in vegan tacos, or on crackers or veggies as a nice change from hummus.  I never actually did get to eat it on tortilla chips, but I'm sure it would be fantastic on those, too!

0 likes