You are here

Member since April 2003

Super Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

What you need: 

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter (Creamy works best for rolling into balls, but chunky is ok too)
1 egg substitute

What you do: 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Throw all ingredients into a bowl and mix together well. Using an electric egg beater makes the process take less than a minute.
Roll into balls that are about an inch in diameter and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. You also could use an ungreased cookie sheet, but parchment paper makes me feel fancy and then I don't have to wash my cookie sheet.
Once the balls are spaced and rolled, use a fork to make criss-cross marks on the top each cookie. Note: The criss-crosses makes them peanut butter cookies, and if you don't have it, they are just cookies that taste peanut buttery, and they don't get the coveted peanut butter title.
Place in your warm oven for 8-10 minutes, and watch them carefully in their last minutes. The bottoms of the cookies should be slightly golden. Let them cool for about 5-10 minutes or you could get yummy cookie burns that will tell all your vegan friends that you jumped the gun with your cookies.
Each cookie has about 4 grams of protein, so it is a perfect recipe for vegans. There are also 8 grams of fat, and about 125 Calories per cookie.

Preparation Time: 
5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Would ground flax seed work as the egg replacer?

0 likes

I'll preface this with it was totally my fault these did not turn out. They spread into one thin layer on the cookie sheet! Do not use banana as an egg substitute  ;D 

0 likes

I just baked these - and they are a hit with the kids!  However, I found them to be very crumbly - did anyone else have that problem?  I used to bake these with eggs when I was a kid and they would turn out fabulous, so maybe it's the egg replacer.  Also, the sugar didn't seem to disolve, but rather stayed a little crunchy.  I guess maybe the cookies needed a little more liquid.  Still, overall they taste great.  And like I said, the kids love them!

yeah i made these a while back. they basically crumbled into a fine peanut butter powder which we had to eat out of bowls. in my opinion, there' s a reason cookie recipes have flour and water.

0 likes

I just baked these - and they are a hit with the kids!  However, I found them to be very crumbly - did anyone else have that problem?  I used to bake these with eggs when I was a kid and they would turn out fabulous, so maybe it's the egg replacer.  Also, the sugar didn't seem to disolve, but rather stayed a little crunchy.  I guess maybe the cookies needed a little more liquid.  Still, overall they taste great.  And like I said, the kids love them!

0 likes

I love these cookies so much (they're delicious and I like recipes with just a few ingredients) that I decided to see if I could make them with any other nut butters. This morning I used almond butter (fresh ground from the machine at Whole Foods) and added a cap of almond extract. It made a cookie with a mild marzipan flavor. The peanut butter ones have more zing, but these are a very nice alternative and might be nice for folks who don't like peanut butter. Btw, I get 30 nice-sized cookies from this recipe and I do let them cook as recommended above for 20 minutes.

0 likes