2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons vinegar
2/3 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups water

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together oil and flour. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir in vinegar and vanilla.
Stir in the water a cup at a time. It won't seem like it can take that much, just keep stirring.
Pour into well-greased cake pans.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until the middle of the cake is springy to the touch and the edges have pulled away from the pan.
Immediately turn out and wrap with plastic wrap. This keeps the cake super moist. Let cool to room temperature before frosting.
This goes great with a coconut pecan frosting, which is listed on this site.
This is by far the best vegan cake recipe I have found, and I've been looking for years... I just had to share it.

Preparation Time: 
50 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

YUMMY! I made cup cakes and added about 2/3 cup chocolate chips to the batter. I baked them for about 30 minutes and they turned out AMAZING! I highly recommend this recipe. 

0 likes

I made this cake for my dads 60th birthday for all non-vegans. THEY LOOOOVED it. Super moist! My sister in law and my cousin both asked for the recipe. Said it was better than most "regular" cakes.  I made it with peanut butter frosting and with vegan peanut butter cups. :D

0 likes